Our team of lawyers is able to provide assistance in both contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters.
The protection of creations and innovations is at the core of our practice and we thrive to provide our clients with constant updates, best practices and sound legal and business advice in the exploitation of their intellectual property rights.
Today’s economy runs on new inventions. It is, therefore, paramount that those ideas shall be protected and, as a consequence, intellectual property law has taken central stage in today’s economic world. Intellectual property laws aim to prevent one person or an organization to steal someone else’s ideas and profit from them.
The 4th Industrial Revolution has brought our society to a speed of growth that not always allows for the law to be up to date with technology advancements. It is up to business owners and organizations to be up to date with new technologies and new potential risks for their most important asset: their unique ideas.
Our team of lawyers constantly monitors technology innovations and avail of special training that allows them to be up to speed with new technologies and the new challenges and risks that these carry with them.
Artificial Intelligence, block-chain, crypto currencies, the use of block-chain in the protection of ideas, online payments, digital wallets, the internet of things, online content providers and influencers and how to regulate their work while at the same time protecting freedom of speech and privacy are some of the new challenges created by recent progresses in technology.
Our TMT team covers all sectors in the intellectual property spectrum, here included trademark registration, copyright, design model and the protection of trade secrets, regulatory advice.
Continental Europe Practice
Our TMT experts in Italy and France may assist on a broad range of intellectual property matters, such as:
- Registration of national and EU-trademarks and national and EU-designs registration;
- Registration of trademarks internationally (USA, Madrid Convention or nationally in the country of interest);
- Licensing arrangements;
- Regulatory advice;
- Filing of patents;
- Copyright applications (where available);
- Investigations and survey on counterfeits;
- Advice on a strategy of defense against counterfeit goods;
- EU-wide customs application;
- Representation in patent litigation;
- IP arbitration and mediation;
- Advice on patent transactions and other technology related matters.
Stay connected to our latest news.